Saturday, April 14, 2012

Smile to the World

               “Language is powerful,” my lecturer said without any expression. My classmates and I were silent.
            “You can do anything with language,” he continued and kept staring us, his innocent students, still with his flat expression.
            “Do you know the reasons?,” he paused for a moment, then asked the smartest student to answer it.
            “Tira, can you give me an answers?,” his voice was louder. Tira shook her head and bowed. There’s no answer from her.
            “Who knows?,” My lecturer asked again. Billy, the lowest  ranking student in my class rose his hand. With smile, Billy said confidently,”Because it has been successful in making me afraid to take your class.” He stopped his words, and the class was full with laugh. While, my lecturer was silent.
           


2 comments: